Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In which the short rows become longer...

Two nights ago I finally got my hands back on the dress and spent about great 3 hours working on it. Over the weekend I'd started to get really paranoid - just before I last put it down I felt like things were going along too quickly. I had become convinced that I'd done something VERY wrong and had now churned through more than half the short rows and lost some of the stitches along the way (I figured I'd missed some yarnovers in there or something.) So when I picked up the needles last night, it was with some trepidation. I won't lie, I'd already started mentally composing the blog entry where I commented yet again on the sin of pride, was going to chastise myself about not being careful enough, etc.

So the first thing I did was a quick stitch count on both sides of my various train stitch markers.

They were right.

They were all right and both the left and right side stitch counts were in agreement with each other - I hadn't leaped ahead on one side or anything.

I was amazed.

So I started short rowing again. Justin and I watched 3 episodes of Season 4 of The Wire and I made a significant dent in the amount of short rows left to do. I started to get a little bummed about how this was taking, then I realized, duh, the short rows are getting longer. Ah math! You thwart me yet again!

So here's the progress - I think the dress is starting to get a little too big for my usual photo spot!
(Everything above the purple line is the short row section - it's getting pretty big!)

No comments:

Post a Comment